Much better markets are possible. Technology was the first challenge.
A state-of-the-art market
A truly advanced market for Irregular Work will be based on principles such as:
- One-click purchasing: to open all possible demand, booking has to be as effortless, assured and informed as possible.
- Control and progression: workers who have control over their work and pricing with a route to increased opportunity will be more engaged, reliable and appealing for buyers.
- Multi-sector: the platform has to seamlessly serve thousands of sectors, that creates personalized routes into better paid, more stable, work.
- Deep data: market users, and potential users, need real-time visibility of activity, utilization and pricing.
- Mainstream economy: turning irregular work into an on-ramp for the shadow economy cannot be a long term strategy.
The technology exists
We have core technology to manage these fiddly transactions on a huge scale. Running on a server farm in the North of England it is currently configured for UK employment law; possibly the most demanding regulatory environment imaginable for these markets.
But that’s just the beginning. Work on next stages of these exciting systems is underway.
In this section:
→ The concept: Creating a fair market
→ Existing technology: How transactions work.
→ Next stage technology: What’s in development?